Beloit Wisconsin ~ AKA ~ Beliot Iron Works ~ Ironworks Campus ~ Historic
Image by Bill Badzo
The Rock River flows through town, making Beloit a good place for industries such as milling, metalworking, paper making (from northern Wisconsin’s lumber) and other factories to flourish since the city’s beginnings. Beloit Iron Works (1858-2000)
In 1980’s with 7700 employees, Beloit Corporation.
In 1999 Harnischfeger Corporation filed a Chapter 11 petition for Bankruptcy.
Enter Ken and Diane Hendricks. In 2001 Ken and Diane purchased the property and began the remarkable redevelopment of the campus. Renamed the "Ironworks" to reflect the center’s historic roots, renovation on the 750,000 sq. ft. of property began in 2002, and the former office buildings, foundry, and various manufacturing and storage areas were transformed into attractive loft offices and manufacturing space while retaining charm and character in the course of the renovation.
Local artist was commissioned to create the “Forged on the Rock” murals situated along the complex. These large murals honor the history and the people of Beloit Corporation. “It’s important to pay tribute to the past and the men and women who got us here,”
Beloit Ironworks Campus.